Ubon Ratchathani province has inspected the area to establish Ubon Ratchathani Industrial Estate
Since Ubon Ratchathani province has inspected the area to establish Ubon Ratchathani Industrial Estate around Thung Thoeng Subdistrict and Na Kasaeng Subdistrict, Det Udom District, Ubon Ratchathani Province on Friday, 10 January 2020 by Mr. Sarit Witoon (Governor of Ubon Ratchathani), Mr. Rangsan Boon Sa-ard (Officer of Provincial Industry in Ubon Ratchathani Province) and Mr. Phob Phusompong (Officer of Department of Public Works and Town & Country Planning of Ubon Ratchathani along with Mr. Attapon Jirawatjanya (Deputy Governor of Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand and his teamwork, Mr. Thammanoon Jamsai (Det Udom District Chief) along with Chief Executive of the Provincial Administrative Organizations of Thung Thoeng Subdistrict and Chief Executive of the Provincial Administrative Organizations of Na Krasaeng Subdistrict, Subdistrict Headmen, Village Headmen and Civil representatives with about 100 people have welcomed them.
Summary of area inspection for requesting to establish Ubon Ratchathani Industrial Estate on Friday, 10 January 2020.
1) Brief Summary of Ubon Ratchathani Industrial Estate Project information is as follows
– The project is located in a certain area between Na Krathong Subdistrict and ThungThoeng Sub-district, Det Udom District, Ubon Ratchathani Province, along the highway number 24 at the 360 km milestone, with an area of approximately 2,314 rai.
– The project development budget is about 10,000 million baht. It is expected that, if operating in full area, there will be an investment of 65,000 million baht and approximately 25,000 people will be employed.
– The industries that are promoted in the project include agriculture food processing, biotechnology, herbs, pharmaceuticals and medical industry groups, consumer goods industry and metal sheet manufacturers and agricultural machines and parts, electric vehicle parts and electronic components industry, automotive spare parts, industrial spare parts, industrial groups related to the aircraft, aircraft parts, trains and rail systems, gem and jewelry industry, and the logistic industrial group and warehouses etc.
– Guidelines for solving problems of the project is to provide sufficient raw water reservoir for use throughout the year where it is located in the north of the area to establish the industrial estate with an area of approximately 530 rai.
2) Mr. Sarit Witoon (Governor of Ubon Ratchathani Province) has comments and suggestions as follows:
– The implementation of such project will need to amend the Ministerial Regulations of the Provincial Town Planning from rural and agricultural land (green) to industrial and warehouse land (purple) which has procedures and long time to proceed.
– During the process of amending the Ministerial Regulations, Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand and Ubonratchathani Industry company should provide explanations to people in the area to be aware of the pros and cons of establishing an industrial estate including the study of environmental impacts concurrently.
– The implementation of such project causes increased employment in the industrial sector including increasing the value of agricultural products from the processing of agricultural products and continuous product development from agriculture.
– The implementation of such project shall consider the plan to support the water use in the dry season including wastewater treatment plans before dumping into water sources
3) Mr. Attapon Jirawatjanya (Deputy Governor of Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand) has comments and suggestions as follows:
– The operation of such project is in a potential area with communication route and transportation linking to the below North-Eastern region and it is close to the East-West economic corridor line.
– The operation of such project has a location that can connect neighboring countries through the road, such as Chong Mek checkpoint, Chong An Ma checkpoint and Ban Pak Saeng checkpoint in the event that the 6th Thai-Laos friendship bridge is completed.